TaKaDu: Monitoring Your Network
TaKaDu's Water Network Monitoring takes existing data from already-available sensors and meters in the network, analyzes it and detects and alerts upon network problems, such as water loss and other operational inefficiencies.
TaKaDu is offered as a “Software-as-a-Service” meaning that rolling out TaKaDu in the utility requires no capital expenditures and is simple to set-up and use.
The use of TaKaDu has been proven to reduce the time and effort required to identify, detect, locate and resolve network problems and anomalies. The reduction in time and effort is evident when compared to traditional or conventional methods of fault and inefficiency detection.
Managing Water Networks with Infrastructure Knowledge
Water utilities often get too little insight from their current data.
Water network data is often ‘noisy’ and difficult to analyze, and measurement points are few. Water Network Monitoring takes the existing data from the distribution network, including sparse and noisy data, and analyzes it to create real time alerts utilities can immediately act upon. TaKaDu can handle many types of data, including flow, pressure, acoustic data, reservoir levels and quality indicators.
Using data for identifying problems is not a novelty. Advanced utilities have designed processes and set up teams of analysts to look at data received from meters and sensors. With the advent of telemetry and the increase in data amounts (more sensor types, more frequent readings, and more frequent transmission), using manpower in order to analyze data in real-time is becoming a much harder and more expensive task.
This is where 21st century technology and an algorithmic approach can help.
TaKaDu offers a fully-automated, adaptive and self-tuning process that takes available data and turns it into accurate alerts without dependence on the human factor. TaKaDu sends utility personnel with detailed alerts - classifying the event and its severity.
This significantly reduces the time, effort, and false-alarms associated with other approaches.
TaKaDu processes online and historical data, using advanced mathematical and statistical algorithms, augmented with self-tuning hydraulic analysis. A rich model of the water network is created and updated in real-time, taking into account time (e.g. time of day, day of the week, special events, holidays, seasonality and more) and spatial comparison to real-time and historic data from other network parts. As a result, leaks, bursts and other anomalies that were previously invisible are detected. Meter and equipment failures are also identified and alerted upon.
Using TaKaDu, utilities can:
- Find and repair leaks, bursts and other network anomalies
- Receive accurate location information about the anomalies detected
- Learn about telemetry and meter malfunctions and take immediate corrective action
- Track repairs and the impact of network changes
- Monitor water quality, operations and pumping
- Gain visibility into network "blindspots", transmission mains and more
In addition to the real-time alerts, TaKaDu provides utilities with unprecedented visibility into their network status using rich, diverse reports and an online dashboard. The increased visibility into water network issues and operations lets utilities:
- Receive a comprehensive view of current events, water consumption, network status
- Easily make maintenance and upgrade decisions based on up to date reports
- Ensure regulatory compliance with water quality and supply regulations
- Prioritize fix and water pipe network maintenance decisions
- Ensure that water mains, pumps and meter fixes and network changes occurred as planned.
The Power of Software-as-a-Service
TaKaDu is provided as a service. This means that the utility does not need to buy expensive software or hardware to run it. Anyone in the utility can access the secure portal and access a personalized view, showing events and insights relevant to that individual. The benefits of SaaS include:
- No hardware or software to install
- Short rollout process
- Access from anywhere and from any device connected to the internet
- Frequent software updates available as soon as they are developed and tested – seamless and painless upgrades
- Flexible, ‘grow-as-you-go’ pricing model
You cannot measure what you do not know. While large industrial players and utilities are starting to track their water resources, the need for more data and analysis persists"
Mia Javier, Analyst, Cleantech Group